Monday, January 26, 2009

Baby Update...

Today I went to see my doctor. I am now 18 weeks and 1 day. They took my weight, my blood pressure, and did a urinalysis. He also felt to make sure my uterus was where it was suppose to be. We heard the baby's heartbeat by doppler, beating at 145 BPM. I declined to do the genetic testing. I didn't want to be more stressed out! It's only a probability test anyway, not a "yes" or "no". I would like some feedback from my fellow bloggers if they did or did not do it. I can still change my mind in the next couple of weeks. So far everything looks great. We find out on Wednesday the sex of the baby, I can hardly wait!! My next appointment is on February 23, so I will keep everyone posted.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I most certainly did. I didn't see the harm in it by any means. Basically just cure my curiosity I suppose. There are two points (apparently) in your pregnancy when you can have this done I guess and if you choose to do it later you can't do anything with the results if that makes sense. I don't have any strong opinions about it or anything just didn't see the harm in doing it. Plus Nick was ALL for it.

dani said...

I didn't do any testing, I thought it would just be one more thing to worry about. I knew everything was going to be fine no matter what happened. I can't wait for Wednesday!

Alesha said...

Ya I didn't do it either. I didn't do it with Koen so I decided not to do it with this one. My doctor refers to it as an "ok test, if your insurance pays for it" I didn't even check if they did because I dont like how it is like a probability test, and the outcome wouldn't affect my decision with having the baby, I figure why stress.

Alesha said...

PS I am 2 weeks ahead of you and your finding out before me? What the....haha jk it is only one day. So exciting!

Team Korte said...

Matt and I decided not to do it. It wouldn't change my mind about anything with my pregnancy so it didn't really make sense to me and plus we were not high risk for any of the conditions in the test. But, of course, do what you think is best for you.

Jenn said...

I did not do the testing. I just figured that it would not make a difference one way or the other..It would have probably just stressed me out too..

Team Fraser said...

We totally did the test! It's a personal choice...most people that I talked to didn't do it either. But we wanted to know our options. Anyway Mickie finds out the gender of her baby on Wednesday too ahhh such an exciting day!

Anonymous said...

We didn't do the testing. It really wouldn't have changed anything. And like you said, who needs more stress when you are pregnant! :-) XOXO!