Sunday, September 21, 2008

Body World's 3...




couldn't take my camera inside, so this is the best I could do.

Today Jake and I went downtown to The Leonardo at Library Square to see Body World's 3 and the story of the heart. This was one of the most fascinating things I have ever seen! It took about a hour to walk through the entire museum. We saw human bodies and organs that were real and belonged to living people at one time. All of the people and organs were donated to science. Everything went through what is called plastination, a 1,500 hour process to preserve the bodies and organs. All of the bodies were in poses to show the different muscles that were used in that particular pose and they had normal organs and organs with tumors. It was very educational and amazing, even to myself, who is in the medical field. Jake also thought it was awesome.

No comments: